2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport Towing Capacity
The 2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport upholds the Land Rover reputation of luxury paired with extreme capability, but how much can a Land Rover Discovery Sport tow? The new Land Rover Discovery Sport can tow up to 4,409 pounds, courtesy of muscular engine options and plenty of performance features to ease your mind when you are hauling heavy loads around Delray Beach and Boca Raton.
Discovery Sport Engine Specs
The Discovery Sport towing capacity of 4,409 pounds is the same across all trim levels and engine options, but depending on which engine you choose, you will have other capabilities and specs that vary. Choose whether the gas engine or the MHEV (mild hybrid electric vehicle) engine is right for your Stuart drives.
- 246 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque
- 4,035 pounds curb weight
- 4,210 pounds curb weight with optional third-row seats
- 5,620 pounds GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating)
Available 2.0L 4-cylinder turbocharged MHEV engine:
- 286 hp and 295 lb-ft of torque
- 4,145 pounds curb weight
- 5,665 pounds GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating)
Discovery Sport Towing-Friendly Features
- Adaptive Dynamics — This system uses MagneRide™ to monitor and analyze road movement and your driving style to adapt and give you the best driving experience.
- Torque Vectoring by Braking — Individual wheels can be automatically braked strategically in order to optimize stability when turning.
- Standard Terrain Response® 2 — Using sensors to analyze road conditions and terrain, the system automatically calibrates to the best drive mode.
- Standard Trailer Stability Assist — Sensors detect trailer sway and gently correct it using torque vectoring.
- Optional Advanced Tow Assist Package — This package includes a 360-degree camera, Wade Sensing technology, Automatic Headlight Leveling, and auto-dimming power-fold heated door mirrors with approach lights
- Hill Descent Control (HDC®) — This advanced feature allows for an automatic slow and steady pace down a steep hill without you having to wrestle with the brakes.
- All-Terrain Progress Control — Maintain an automatic steady speed on low-traction surfaces like mud, so you can focus on steering.
Land Rover Discovery Sport Towing Accessories
Be sure to opt for genuine Land Rover accessories when getting your Discovery Sport ready for towing. Some available Discovery Sport towing accessories include:
- Optional detachable tow bar or electrically deployable tow bar
- Towing system with tow hitch and receiver
- Towing electrics
- Tow strap
- Target tracking sticker
Let the Discovery Sport Do Your Heavy Lifting in West Palm Beach
Are you ready to learn more about the highly capable Land Rover Discovery Sport and its applications around Jupiter? Contact us today for more information or to schedule a test drive at Land Rover Palm Beach. If you are still doing your research on Land Rover capabilities, explore the Range Rover Sport towing capacity to learn more about your options.
*European model pictured.
Recent News From Land Rover Palm Beach
Are you currently asking yourself, “Should I sell my car?” or, “Is now a good time to sell a car?” Well, the answer to both is yes! There are a few factors that are making the market perfect for selling a vehicle. First, there is a chip shortage; second, there is decreased available inventory…
With a mild redesign for the 2022 model year, the Land Rover Range Rover expands on its status as the flagship Land Rover and the pinnacle of luxury. When you take a peek at the 2022 Range Rover interior, this is quite apparent, given the high-end materials, extravagant amenities, and advanced technology. Discover more…
Thrilling performance and elegance go hand-in-hand across the Land Rover lineup, and with the addition of the 2022 Range Rover Sport SVR Ultimate Edition, West Palm Beach drivers can be some of the first to experience the fastest and most powerful SUV from Land Rover. From the vibrant 2022 Range Rover Sport SVR Ultimate Edition colors…